I know the name of this recipe is a little weird sounding but I love calling these pancakes, One. Not because there is only one ingredient but because there is just one of every ingredient.
My kids love these pancakes. We make them all the time. My eight year old is getting really good at cooking lately. He makes his siblings all kinds of cool breakfasts.
The name of this recipe also cracks me up each time I see it because it reminds me of this silly song my son always sings: "I am the one the one the one" or something weird like that. It's actually annoying and he knows it. So now it makes me laugh. You might find no humor in that little side story but now you won't forget the name of this recipe, just watch.
My mom used to make me similar pancakes growing up. We called them cottage cheese pancakes. You make them with cottage cheese and yogurt. They were so creamy and rich. My sister and I would crave them.
Good news for you health foodies - this recipe is a super healthy version of the old one but not lack any flavor or creaminess. I couldn't believe it when I first tested this recipe. I felt like a kid again; it had been so long since I had them.
One Pancakes Recipe
yields 10 - 12 pancakes
- 1 super ripe banana
- 1 egg (egg substitute)
- 1 cup vegan (or regular) yogurt (I used Kite Hill pain)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup gluten-free pancake mix
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a blender combine the yogurt, egg, banana and milk. Blend until creamy and no chunks.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry pancake mix and whisk together by hand.
- Cook on a griddle the same way you would cook any other pancakes. Grease pan with some oil or butter and press down the pancake mixture each time you flip. The batter will be thick.
- Serve when the pancakes are cooked all the way through but not dry.
- Top with fresh fruit and fresh maple syrup.
Note: If you're making these for a family of 5 you will want to double the recipe. If you are only making them for a few kids, this recipe will do. My entire family eats 4-5 of these so we make a big batch.
Enjoy! Have a lovely rest of the week. I am currently in Cabo. Visit me on Instagram to see the beautiful photos and videos of this really awesome place!